On 10–11 June, 2021, the Sixth Annual Research Conference, "The Policy Toolkit for a World in Flux," will take place. This event has been organized by the NBU and Narodowy Bank Polski for the sixth year running. Hundreds of delegates from more than 30 countries attend the Conference every year.
This year’s Conference will traditionally be international and will be held online, as was last year’s. Topics to be discussed at the Conference include:
- Central bank activities in the Covid-19 reality
- Climate change and monetary policy
- Post-pandemic economic growth in times of significant debt
- Mysterious protective powers of the floating exchange rate
- Effects of anticipated and unanticipated fiscal shocks
- Dependence of fiscal multipliers on the economy’s performance
- Reliability of targeting average inflation
- Monetary policy transmission.
Representatives of central banks, financial institutions, and the world’s top universities from Poland, the United States, Canada, Germany, the UK, Georgia, and other countries will speak at the Conference. The event will be held in English (with simultaneous translation into Ukrainian).
Information about the program and speakers of the event is available here.
The Conference will be streamed for two days (with Ukrainian translation) through the NBU’s YouTube channel.
To take active part in the Conference (with the option to ask questions), please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide information about yourself and the entity you represent. As the number of slots is limited, the NBU reserves the right to deny participation.