The National Bank of Ukraine has introduced changes into its organizational chart in order to strengthen the line of international cooperation and European integration.
The Office for European Integration and International Programs has been replaced by the International Cooperation Department.
The International Cooperation Department will have significantly wider functions compared to the Office for European Integration and International Programs. In particular, it will focus on supporting the implementation of EU acquis in the area of financial services and fulfilling the criteria for joining the EU within the scope of the NBU’s competence.
“Ukraine’s status as a candidate for EU membership and the implementation of our updated strategic goals require the NBU to raise the effectiveness of its international activities functions and update its approaches in this area. The development of international cooperation and relations with foreign stakeholders as well as timely and productive communications with them are crucial for the Victory and post-war recovery – both for the NBU and the whole country. So we aim at the modernization of our international function and will develop our team and increase its competencies and capabilities in order to be able to respond proactively to current challenges and lay a solid foundation for our European future,” noted NBU Governor Andriy Pyshnyy.
Today the NBU has launched the competition to fill the position of the director of International Cooperation Department.
The director’s role and responsibilities will include the following:
- ensuring the implementation of the state policy on European integration, developing the cooperation with the EU in the financial area, interacting with EU institutions, and promoting interests of the NBU on the way to joining the EU
- developing cooperation with international financial institutions, implementing international projects and programs, and increasing the NBU’s international visibility through coordinating the process of acquiring membership in international organizations in key areas of central banking
- developing a dialogue with central banks and authorities that supervise financial institutions in foreign countries, and ensuring the representation of the NBU’s interests and position in international relations of Ukraine
- ensuring effective operation of the organizational and protocol-related support of international relations and translation and interpretation.
- developing cooperation with international partners to enhance the NBU’s institutional capacity and sharing the expertise of the Ukrainian regulator.
For detailed information on requirements for candidates please visit the NBU’s website.
Until the head of the new department is appointed and the department staff list is defined, employees of the Office for European Integration and International Programs will continue to perform the office’s functions and their job duties headed by Volodymyr Kuchyn.
The International Cooperation Department belongs to the Monetary Stability reporting line supervised by NBU Deputy Governor Sergiy Nikolaychuk.