This is the NBU’s update on the balances in the special account for those wishing to support the defense forces and the Ministry of Social Policy’s account designated for humanitarian needs.
Special account for the needs of defense
As of 1 May 2023, the special account balance amounted to over UAH 1.6 billion. Last month, over UAH 277 million was received in the special account.
In total, an equivalent of more than UAH 25.5 billion has been transferred to the special account the NBU opened on 24 February 2022 to support the defense forces of Ukraine.
Money has been coming in from individuals and businesses of Ukraine and from all over the international community (including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, France, Canada, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, and many other countries).
That includes the equivalent of more than UAH 8 billion that has been remitted from abroad in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds, Canadian dollars, Chinese renminbi, Japanese yen, Swiss francs, Polish zlotys, Australian dollars).
Overall, since the start of the full-scale war, the NBU has allocated over UAH 24 billion (almost UAH 355 million in April) to meet the needs of the defense, in particular:
- UAH 1,120 million for the National Guard of Ukraine
- UAH 1,650 million for the National Police of Ukraine
- over UAH 14,721 million for the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
- UAH 980.2 million for the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
- over UAH 5.0 billion for the State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine (UAH 253.5 million on 6 April 2023; UAH 89.2 million on 27 April 2023)
- over UAH 19.3 million for the State Emergency Service of Ukraine
- UAH 40.5 million for the NSDC of Ukraine
- over UAH 92.6 million for the State Special Transport Service (UAH 12.1 million on 20 April 2023)
- over UAH 318.2 million for the Security Service of Ukraine.
It is worth noting that donations for the defense needs can be made by either bank transfer or by card: https://bank.gov.ua/en/about/support-the-armed-forces.
Special account for humanitarian needs
As of 1 May 2023, the balance on the special account of the Ministry of Social Policy the NBU opened for humanitarian aid is over UAH 87.8 million. Almost UAH 5.6 million was remitted to the account for humanitarian aid in April. About half of the amount donated has come into this account from outside Ukraine in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds).
The Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, which is both the recipient and administrator of the funds credited to this account, has already transferred over UAH 845 million for humanitarian aid to the victims of russia’s armed aggression.
Please be reminded that to donate funds to help the victims of this war, you can use the payment details or a template for the card payment available here: https://bank.gov.ua/en/about/humanitarian-aid-to-ukraine.
Information on the special accounts is updated daily on the NBU’s website.