This is the NBU’s update on the balances in the special account for those wishing to support the defense forces and the Ministry of Social Policy’s account designated for humanitarian needs.
Special account for the needs of defense
As of 1 July 2023, the special account balance amounted to almost UAH 2.9 billion. Last month, over UAH 2.4 billion was received in the special account.
In total, an equivalent of more than UAH 28.7 billion has been transferred to the special account the NBU opened on 24 February 2022 to support the defense forces of Ukraine.
Money has been coming in from individuals and businesses of Ukraine and from all over the international community (including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, France, Canada, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, and many other countries).
That includes the equivalent of almost UAH 10.8 billion that has been remitted from abroad in foreign currencies (U.S. Dollars, euros, GB pounds, Canadian dollars, Chinese renminbi, Japanese yen, Swiss francs, Polish zlotys, Australian dollars).
Overall, since the start of the full-scale war, the NBU has allocated over UAH 25.9 billion (almost UAH 613 million in June) to meet the needs of the defense, in particular:
- over UAH 1,408 million for the National Guard of Ukraine
- UAH 1,650 million for the National Police of Ukraine
- over UAH 16,012 million for the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine (UAH 327.6 million as of 29 June 2023)
- UAH 980.2 million for the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
- over UAH 5,223 million for the State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine (UAH 112.3 million on 12 June 2023; UAH 9.6 million on 14 June 2023; UAH 22.3 million on 28 June 2023)
- a total of UAH 74.9 million for the State Emergency Service of Ukraine (UAH 26.4 million on 9 June 2023; UAH 29.0 million on 20 June 2023)
- UAH 40.5 million for the NSDC of Ukraine
- over UAH 186.7 million for the State Special Transport Service (UAH 21.9 million as of 9 June 2023, UAH 63.7 million as of 14 June 2023)
- over UAH 318.2 million for the Security Service of Ukraine.
Donations for the defense needs can be made by either bank transfer or by card, please follow the link.
Special account for humanitarian needs
As of 1 July 2023, the balance on the special account of the Ministry of Social Policy the NBU opened for humanitarian aid is almost UAH 98.0 million. Almost UAH 6.7 million was remitted to the account for humanitarian aid in June. About half of the amount donated has come into this account from outside Ukraine in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds).
The Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, which is both the recipient and administrator of the funds credited to this account, has already transferred over UAH 845 million for humanitarian aid to the victims of russia’s armed aggression.
Please be reminded that to donate funds to help the victims of this war, you can use the payment details or a template for the card payment available here:https://bank.gov.ua/en/about/humanitarian-aid-to-ukraine.
Information on the special accounts is updated daily on the NBU’s website.