This is the NBU’s update on the balances in the special account for those wishing to support the defense forces and the Ministry of Social Policy’s account designated for humanitarian needs.
Special account for the needs of defense
As of 1 September 2023, the balance in the special fundraising account the NBU opened to support the defense forces on 24 February 2022 makes almost UAH 982 million. Last month, over UAH 1.2 billion was received in the special account.
Over UAH 30 billion was received in the special account since russia launched the full-scale war.
Money has been coming in from individuals and businesses of Ukraine and from all over the international community (including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, France, Canada, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, and many other countries).
That includes the equivalent of more than UAH 11.8 billion that has been remitted from abroad in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds, Canadian dollars, Chinese renminbi, Japanese yen, Swiss francs, Polish zlotys, Australian dollars).
Overall, since the start of the full-scale war, the NBU has allocated over UAH 29.2 billion (almost UAH 1.2 billion in August) to meet the needs of the defense, in particular:
- over UAH 1,408 million for the National Guard of Ukraine
- UAH 1,650 million for the National Police of Ukraine
- over UAH 19,150 million for the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine (UAH 175 million as of 3 August 2023, UAH 944.3 million as of 9 August 2023)
- UAH 980.2 million for the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
- over UAH 5,371 million for the State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine (UAH 44.1 million on 21 August 2023)
- over UAH 114.7 million for the State Emergency Service of Ukraine
- UAH 40.5 million for the NSDC of Ukraine
- over UAH 207.5 million for the State Special Transport Service
- over UAH 318.2 million for the Security Service of Ukraine.
Donations for the defense needs can be made by either bank transfer or by card, please follow the link.
Special account for humanitarian needs
As of 1 September 2023, the balance on the special account of the Ministry of Social Policy the NBU opened for humanitarian aid is over UAH 108 million. Almost UAH 3.1 million was remitted to the account for humanitarian aid in August. About half of the amount donated has come into this account from outside Ukraine in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds).
The Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, which is both the recipient and administrator of the funds credited to this account, has already transferred over UAH 845 million for humanitarian aid to the victims of russia’s armed aggression.
Please be reminded that to donate funds to help the victims of this war, you can use the payment details or a template for the card payment available here: https://bank.gov.ua/en/about/humanitarian-aid-to-ukraine.
Information on the special accounts is updated daily on the NBU’s website.