Cash Circulation Department
Director: Viktor Zaivenko
Tel.: +380 44 230 17 94
- implementation of the unified state policy on cash circulation, cash and issuance operations in the domestic currency, and efforts to meet the economy’s demand for cash;
- methodological support of performance of cash transactions by banks, nonbank financial institutions, and CIT companies in Ukraine, transferring the NBU cash stock for custody to the authorized banks, organizing cash collection and transportation of currency valuables by banks of Ukraine and the legal entities granted a license for provision of cash collection services, ensuring safe-keeping of currency valuables, organizing of issuance operations in the NBU, requirements to technical conditions and organizing the guarding of premises of banks, nonbank financial institutions, and postal operators, technical conditions of the cash handling premises located in the NBU buildings, developing legal framework for conduct of cash operations by economic entities, methodological support of the operations with commemorative and investment coins of Ukraine and souvenir products, defining criteria of worn-out banknotes for performance of operations on acceptance of foreign banknotes, defining fitness for use and exchange, procedure for organization of design and production of the Ukrainian domestic currency units;
- developing and implementing modern technologies and automation of cash and other valuables transactions, organizing the work on design and system of protection against counterfeiting the domestic currency units, organizing withdrawal from circulation and performing research and analysis of counterfeit banknotes;
- organizing issuance into circulation and withdrawal of banknotes, small and circulating coins; design, issuance, and distribution in Ukraine and abroad of commemorative and investment coins and souvenir products of Ukraine, the NBU’s participation in numismatic contests and numismatic associations;
- ensuring control over compliance of the Ukrainian banks and their structural units, legal entities, CIT companies and their units of the requirements of the NBU regulations on organization of cash handling in domestic and foreign currencies, ensuring quality of domestic cash processing using the equipment for automated cash processing, compliance of the technical conditions and organizing the guarding of the premises of banks, CIT companies, and nonbank institutions, where the cash is processed , as well as organizing and implementing cash collection and currency valuables transportation.