The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) has set the operation mode for the System of Electronic Payments of the National Bank of Ukraine (SEP) and working hours for Ukrainian banking system at the end of the reporting year.
- On 30 December 2020, SEP will operate till 11:59 p.m. The foreign exchange market of Ukraine, the NBU Depository and other NBU systems will operate in regular mode.
- On 31 December 2020 until 1:00 p.m., the SEP will support only payments between the banks subordinated to the same legal entity and payments from SEP participants to the NBU and the bodies of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine, and payments from the NBU and the bodies of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine to SEP participants. The foreign exchange market of Ukraine will operate in line with SEP operation specifics set out in the rules of procedure. SEP banking day will close at 1:00 p.m.
- On 1 January 2021, SEP banking day will start at 9:00 a.m. with the banking date of 4 January 2021.
- On 1 – 3 January 2021, SEP participants will decide themselves on the date of commencing operation in the system according to their business needs and needs of their customers. During this period interbank transfers in SEP will be conducted with the banking date of 4 January 2021. The NBU Depository will not operate during this period, and banks will buy and sell cashless currency on the foreign exchange market of Ukraine including for customers.
- On 4 – 6 January 2021, SEP and the Ukrainian banking system will operate as usual.
- The operating day of the banking system of Ukraine on Friday, 8 January 2021, will be carried over to Saturday, 16 January 2021.
- On 16 January 2021, interbank transfers in SEP will be conducted with the banking date of 16 January 2021.
- On 17 January 2021, interbank transfers in SEP will be conducted with the banking date of 18 January 2021.
From 31 December 2020 through 4 January 2021, the official exchange rate of the hryvnia to foreign currencies and investment metals will equal the official exchange rate calculated by the NBU on 30 December 2020.
On 1 – 3 and 7 – 10 January 2021, banks will conduct cash transactions, if required. During this period banks are to ensure smooth operation of the ATMs and their loading with cash of different denominations throughout the holidays.