Call for papers
The Seventh Annual Research Conference of the central banks of Ukraine and Poland – Economic Policies during Wartime and Post-War Recovery – will take place on 22–23 June 2023.
During the event, representatives of central banks, the academic community, international financial institutions, and well-known research centers will discuss the development and implementation of policies to support a wartime economy and promote its post-war recovery. The conference will be held in English.
We encourage you to submit research papers related to the general theme of the conference.
Acceptable topics include but are not limited to:
- Post-war development: optimal governance and allocation
- The optimal fiscal-monetary mix in response to energy and food prices shocks in postpandemic world: short term stability vs. long term growth
- Growing government debt levels: a threat of fiscal dominance?
- Monetary policy regimes in a post-war environment: inflation targeting or else?
- New dimensions of policy: regional and urban regeneration
- Role of new technologies in rebuilding financial markets
- Optimal design and macroeconomic consequences of economics sanctions
- Central bank logistics and operations: ensuring payments in a war theater
- Monetary and fiscal announcements in a hostile environment
- Structural changes during the war: effects of emigration and firm relocation
- Liquidity management and market interventions (focus on FX)
- War-induced energy and food price shocks: regional and global spillovers
The two-day event, taking place in Kraków (Poland), will feature keynotes, policy panels, and presentations of research papers in a blended online/onsite format.
Confirmed keynote speakers are Boris Vujčić, Governor of the Croatian National Bank, and Barry Eichengreen, the George C. Pardee and Helen N. Pardee Professor of Economics and Professor of Political Science at the University of California, Berkeley.
Authors who wish to present their research at the conference should send the full text (in pdf format) or a detailed abstract of their paper to [email protected]. In the subject box of your email, please specify ARC2023 NameOfPaper NameFirstAuthor. No submission fee is charged.
The deadline for submission is 15 March 2023 (12 p.m. EET). Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 31 March 2023.
The conference selection committee includes Yuriy Gorodnichenko (University of California, Berkeley), Beata Javorcik (EBRD, University of Oxford), Oleksiy Kryvtsov (Bank of Canada), Krzysztof Makarski and Jacek Suda (Narodowy Bank Polski), as well as Solomiia Shpak and Mihnea Constantinescu (National Bank of Ukraine).
Please share this call for papers with your colleagues.