This is the NBU’s update on the balances in the special account for those wishing to support the defense forces and the Ministry of Social Policy’s account designated for humanitarian needs.
Special account for the needs of defense
As of 1 March 2023, the balance on the special fundraising account makes nearly UAH 870 million. Last month, over UAH 306 million was received in the special account.
In total, an equivalent of more than UAH 24 billion has been transferred to the special account the NBU opened on 24 February 2022 to support the defense forces of Ukraine.
Money has been coming in from individuals and businesses of Ukraine and from all over the international community (including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, France, Canada, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, and many other countries).
That includes the equivalent of more than UAH 8 billion that has been remitted from abroad in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds, Canadian dollars, Chinese renminbi, Japanese yen, Swiss francs, Polish zlotys, Australian dollars).
Overall, since the start of the full-scale war, the NBU has allocated over UAH 23 billion (over UAH 435 million in February) to meet the needs of the defense, in particular:
- UAH 1,120 million for the National Guard of Ukraine (UAH 130 million on 6 February 2023)
- UAH 1,650 million for the National Police of Ukraine
- UAH 14,721 million for the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
- UAH 980.2 million for the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
- UAH 4.5 billion for the State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine (UAH 27.2 million on 23 February 2022; UAH 265.1 million on 27 February 2023)
- over UAH 19.3 million for the State Emergency Service of Ukraine
- UAH 40.5 million for the NSDC of Ukraine
- UAH 80.6 million for the State Special Transport Service (UAH 13.6 million on 13 February 2023)
- UAH 318.2 million for the Security Service of Ukraine.
It is worth noting that donations for the defense needs can be made by either bank transfer or by card: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces.
Special account for humanitarian needs
As of 1 March 2023, the balance on the special account of the Ministry of Social Policy the NBU opened for humanitarian aid is UAH 75.2 million. Almost UAH 2.7 million was remitted to the account and transferred for humanitarian aid in February. About half of the amount donated has come into this account from outside Ukraine in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds).
The Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, which is both the recipient and administrator of the funds credited to this account, has already transferred over UAH 845 million for humanitarian aid to the victims of russia’s armed aggression.
Please be reminded that to donate funds to help the victims of this war, you can use the payment details or a template for the card payment available here: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/humanitarian-aid-to-ukraine.
Information on the special accounts is updated daily on the NBU’s official website.