Call for papers
The 7th annual research conference, organized by the National Bank of Ukraine and the Euro Area Business Cycle Network (EABCN), will take place on 19–20 May 2022. The topic is “The Macro and Micro of Digital Coins and Markets”.
The conference aims to bring together economists from central banks, academia, international financial institutions, and well-known research centers to discuss the emerging challenges of public and private competition in payments and decentralized finance due to the digitalization of financial services.
The organizing committee invites submissions in the following areas (nonexhaustive):
- Monetary policy effectiveness with public private currency competition
- Trade, FX volatility with cross-border CBDC
- Macroprudential policy for the digital age
- The microstructure of digital financial markets
- New avenues with algorithmic financial products
- Pricing digital assets
- The industrial organization of payment platforms: national competition for global players?
- Leapfrogging in emerging economies’ payment infrastructure and instruments
The two-day event will feature keynotes, policy panels, and presentations of research papers in a blended on-line/on-site format.
Confirmed keynote speaker is Prof. Markus Brunnermeier (Princeton University).
Submit your paper by email to email@example.com, using as email subject ARC2022 NameOfPaper NameFirstAuthor. No submission fee is charged.
The deadline for submission is 19 February 2022 (12 pm EET). Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 9 March 2022.
Yuriy Gorodnichenko (University of California – Berkeley), Oleksiy Kryvtsov (Bank of Canada), Barbara Rossi (EABCN), Solomiya Shpak and Mihnea Constantinescu (NBU) chair the selection committee.
Inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to circulate this call for papers among your colleagues.