Viktor Zaivenko, who was in charge of Cash Circulation Department, has retired from the NBU.
Before a new appointment is made, Deputy Director of Cash Circulation Department and Head of Office for Organization of Cash Circulation Oksana Halyts will act as the Director of Cash Circulation Department.
In the meantime, the NBU will be conducting candidate screening and selection to fill the vacancy of the Director of Cash Circulation Department.
The Director of Cash Circulation Department is, in particular, responsible for:
- identifying the economy’s demand for cash
- ensuring cash circulation in Ukraine, as well as cash and issuance transactions in the domestic currency
- providing a methodological support and control over cash transactions, and handling of domestic- and foreign-currency cash by banks, nonbank financial institutions, and CIT companies in Ukraine
- developing and implementing modern technologies and automation of transactions with cash and other valuables
- organizing issuance into circulation and withdrawal of banknotes and small and circulating coins
- designing, issuing, and distributing commemorative and bullion coins and souvenir products in Ukraine and abroad.
Cash Circulation Department is a part of Payment Systems and Cash Circulation reporting line, which is headed by NBU Deputy Governor Oleksii Shaban.
“The NBU has managed to implement a lot of comprehensive reforms in cash circulation over the past eight years. Among other things, this made the hryvnia more reliable and secure, and cash settlements became more convenient for the public and less costly for the state. This was achieved thanks to efforts of the professional and responsible team of Cash Circulation Department headed by Viktor Zaivenko. We are grateful to Mr Zaivenko for his significant personal contribution to the common goal and are confident that the team will continue to implement projects that will improve cash circulation and contribute to the further optimization of the banknote and coin series," commented Oleksii Shaban.
Viktor Zaivenko has been working with the NBU for over 14 years. He took up office as the Director of Cash Circulation Department in December 2014. His mandate was the management of the cash circulation system.