This is the NBU’s update on the balances in the special account for those wishing to support the Ukrainian Army and the Ministry of Social Policy’s account designated for humanitarian needs.
Special account to support the Army
As of 15 August 2022, the balance on the special fundraising account the NBU opened to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine makes UAH 976 million. UAH 76 million was remitted to the special account last week, UAH 675.8 million was transferred to meet the needs of the State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine.
The NBU has already transferred over UAH 19.5 billion to meet the needs of the military, in particular:
- a total of UAH 950 million for the National Guard of Ukraine (UAH 450 million on 26 February 2022, UAH 500 million on 6 March 2022)
- a total of UAH 1,650 million for the National Police of Ukraine (UAH 150 million on 28 February 2022, UAH 700 million on 3 March 2022, UAH 800 million on 6 March 2022)
- a total of over UAH 14,401 million for the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine (UAH 182.3 million on 28 February 2022; UAH 843 million on 1 March 2022; UAH 1999.3 million on 2 March 2022; UAH 920 million on 4 March 2022; UAH 341.2 million on 5 March 2022, UAH 1,843 million on 7 March 2022; UAH 597.9 million on 8 March 2022; UAH 444,5 million on 9 March 2022; UAH 926.2 million on 11 March 2022; UAH 122.7 million on 15 March 2022; UAH 182 million on 16 March 2022, UAH 191.7 million on 17 March 2022; UAH 91 million on 18 March 2022; UAH 330 million on 21 March 2022; UAH 20 million on 20 March 2022; UAH 337 million on 24 March 2022; UAH 235.2 million on 28 March 2022; UAH 503 million on 30 March 2022; UAH 655 million on 1 April 2022; UAH 305.7 million on 6 April 2022; UAH 122.9 million on 8 April 2022, UAH 176.3 million on 12 April 2022; UAH 247.7 million on 18 April 2022; UAH 182.8 million dated 21 April 2022; UAH 221.8 million on 28 April 2022; UAH 194.6 million on 5 May 2022; UAH 742.7 million on on 12 May 2022; UAH 151 million on 19 May 2022; UAH 168 million on 24 May 2022; UAH 72 million on 15 June 2022; UAH 50.4 million on 8 July 2022; UAH 1 billion on 1 August 2022);
- a total of UAH 980.2 million for the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine (UAH 420 million on 3 March 2022, UAH 300 million on 11 March 2022, UAH 106.2 million on 12 March 2022, UAH 154 million on 14 March 2022)
- a total of over UAH 1.5 billion for the State Service of Special Communication and Information Protection of Ukraine (UAH 252 million on 1 June 2022; UAH 85.5 million on 15 June 2022; UAH 24.3 million on 21 June 2022; UAH 329.1 million on 4 July 2022; UAH 49 million on 8 July 2022; UAH 34.4 million on 19 July 2022; UAH 137.9 million on 25 July 2022; UAH 675,8 million on 10 August 2022)
- a total of UAH 18.3 million for the State Emergency Service of Ukraine (UAH 18.3 million on 8 July 2022).
An equivalent of over UAH 20 billion has been wired into the special account since it was opened. That includes the equivalent of almost UAH 7.2 billion that has been remitted from abroad in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds, Canadian dollars, Chinese renminbi, Japanese yen, Swiss francs, Polish zlotys, Australian dollars).
Money has been coming in from people and businesses in Ukraine and from all over the international community (including the U.S., the UK, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, France, Canada, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, and many other countries).
As previously reported, those willing to make donations to support the Ukrainian Army can use the payment details or a template for the card payment available here: https://bank.gov.ua/en/about/support-the-armed-forces
Special account for humanitarian needs
As of 15 August 2022, the balance on the special account of the Ministry of Social Policy the NBU opened for humanitarian purposes is over UAH 135 million. Over UAH 4.8 million was remitted to the account for humanitarian aid last week, over UAH 6,3 million was transferred to meet the needs of the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine.
Moreover, the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, which is both the recipient and administrator of the funds credited to this account, has already transferred over UAH 596 million for humanitarian aid to the victims of russia’s armed aggression.
About half of the amount donated has come into this account from outside Ukraine in foreign currencies (U.S. dollars, euros, GB pounds).
Please be reminded that to donate funds to help the victims of this war, you can use the payment details or a template for the card payment available here: https://bank.gov.ua/en/about/humanitarian-aid-to-ukraine
Due to the slowdown in the flow of funds to the special account compared to the first months of the full-scale war, updates on the special account and the account for humanitarian purposes will be published weekly, every Monday.